Friday, March 1, 2013

The taste of Baguio's Panagbenga Festival 2013


February 24, 2013

From the Hot Air Festival, my friends and I went straight to Baguio.  We traveled for another 7 hours, inclusive of an hour long drive in a zigzag road (Marcos Highway).

We reached the city proper of Baguio just about time for the concert @ Melvin Jones Park.  There we enjoyed taking pictures, fooling around and bought several street foods.  We had dinner @ Savory, SM Baguio then had waffles and ice cream after.  Just enjoying the cold breeze, over-looking the city.  After a lot of talking and laughing, we went home at The Granary, a guest house of Cathedral of the Resurrection along Magsaysay Avenue.  It was still 9:30pm (a bit early for my usual sleeping time) when I hit the sack.  I usually go to bed at the crack of dawn.  But maybe with the long hour of travel and extreme heat, I ended up snoozing early.

Sleeping earlier than ever, I woke up earlier too.  It was just 4 hours past midnight when I woke up.  Bad tummy had to do with it.  Water is cold, no heater available.  But I manage to do my morning ritual then took a shower.  The gang is ready by 7:00 am, and off to Session Road for the annual grand float parade.  Thousands of people from all-over are scattered along the parade path and we are not that lucky to be situated in front of the pack.  Even so, we still happened to get a good look on the amazing floats.  Actors and actresses on the floats are bonuses.  It was fun dancing with the several marching bands who played funky tunes along side the dancing crew.  We enjoyed the parade.  We enjoyed the ambiance.  And the feel of the festival was so giddy.

After the parade, we went to Camp John Hay for our lunch @ Dencio's Restaurant.  We had adobo rice, bangus sisig, sinigang na hipon and lechon kawali.  Then we walked a few steps to The Manor, a luxurious hotel in the heart of the Base.  The cozy ambiance of the hotel is a perfect place to relax.  But I assure you, it'll cost a fortune too.  We had several pictures taken here.  Enjoyed the beautiful pine trees and natural landscape of the luscious forestry of Baguio.

We then grabbed our daily doze of whip cream and caffeine at Starbucks-Technohub, which is just inside the base also.  Glazed and Chocolate donuts are our desserts, thanks to Tyron.  But I guess this time, we're lucky and was able to watch a street dance parade for the Panagbenga Festival up-close.  Check out some of our pics, if you want to know what I mean.

We left Baguio at around 4:00 pm and off to the Metro.  I was able to reached home at 1:00 am the next day (February 25, 2013 Monday).  Tired but had another weekend to remember.  This time, with my friends.

Concert at the Park and food trip!!!

Grand Float Parade


No comments:

Post a Comment