Thursday, March 7, 2013

My Home made Waffles


March 7, 2013

Just want to try mom's old waffle maker.  It has been ages since I used it.  This time, I made some with hotdogs in it.  Successful!!! And they are tasty.  I made the waffle mixture from the pancake mix.

Ingredients:
* 250 grams Pancake Mix
* 1 medium size egg
* 2 tbsp. oil
* 3/4 cup water
* Hotdogs
* sticks

Procedure:
1.  In a bowl, put the pancake mix, egg, oil, and water.  Mix all together.  Avoid over beating as it may loosen the consistency of the batter.  Set aside.
2.  Make 2 cuts on each hotdog, so as to cook it through.  You may fry it the usual way.  In my case, I heat it in the microwave oven, a minute each side.
3.  Put each hotdog on a stick.
4.  With a waffle maker, put the pancake batter on each mold half-way.  Add the hotdogs.  Place more of the mixture on the hotdogs.
5.  Let the waffle maker do it's magic.  The waffle is cooked when the light turns off.

Mom's old waffle maker in the upper left picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment