Sunday, July 29, 2012

Air Pistol

Firing a gun in a firing range is one of my "to-do list".  Just the feel of pulling the trigger is definitely an adrenaline rush for me.  I believe, that activity would be a perfect stress-reliever.  And so when I saw this event in this years Olympics, I knew I just have to make a blog about it.

I don't have any basic knowledge or just even a faint idea about this sport.  Volleyball and Gymnastics are the only sports I always find interesting and glued watching on TV whenever Olympics is on.  But last night, seeing these girls from all ages holding a gun in one hand and the other in their pockets...aiming for the center of the marker made me not to change channel.  I ended up cheering for this Ukrainian player named Olena Kostevych.  She could have finished Silver, if only she did well in her shoot-off with French shooter Celine Gobberville.  Oh well, at least an Asian bagged the gold - Chinese Guo Wenjun.  Guo came from behind after scoring 8.0 on her first shot, she still end up being on top.

From L to R: Celine Gobberville, Guo Wenjun (gold medalist) & Olena Kostevych (bronze medalist)
image from: http://www.kyivpost.com


No comments:

Post a Comment