Wednesday, April 20, 2011

To the heavens, after life.



I remember, I was just in 2nd Year High school when my father left us for a better place.  I was just starting to see the complexities of life when he died because of diabetes.  I was already a young lady who have lost not just a father but also an inspiration, a hero and a best friend.  But then, who am I to complain about how young I was when Papa died when I saw my younger brother back then - fatherless.  He was barely 10years old (or maybe younger) at that time.  I can still remember how my brother took the news that our father is already gone.  Mama was already crying hard, as in hysterically on her best friend's shoulder.  All she can do is weep.  And there just right beside her is my younger brother watching "Mojacko" on the television and not a single tear lingers in his eyes.  With his tender age, he still don't know the damage losing a father can be.  On the interment, it was only then when I saw my baby brother poured his hearts out.  That's the only time he felt that we had lost our dear father.  

We remember our father most of the time, when it's his birthday, Christmas, New Year, their anniversary and most specially, on father's day.  We even thought about what if he is still with us.  Most of the time, we thought we could have spend that one great day in our life with him.  But what makes me cry whenever I remember my father, is that does he knows that I love him.  I wish I could have told him that before he went to the province...before he had gone to the heavens.

***
We have lost another good man in this world.  Condolence to the people whom my Uncle Digo left - to my Aunt Letty, cousins Randy, Maricon, Roleth, Jomar and Yani.

No comments:

Post a Comment