Saturday, January 29, 2011

Race to Finish Line - the Motocross Way


What an adrenaline rush!

I had been a huge fan of motocross.  Watching Travis Pastrana doing his thing over the ramp is my favorite part of every X-Games.  Most of the time, my eyes are glued on Freestyle Motocross (FMX) where the motorcycle riders attempt to impress judges with jumps and stunts.  Never seen a FMX rider in action...always on TV.

But this time I got a chance to see several stunts done right in front of me.  Although the event I went to wasn't for FMX riding but for a Motocross (MX) Race.

Today, January 29 of year 2011, together with my youngest brother (Patrcik), Ariel (nasnip) and Cy (my cousin's bf)...we went to Molino Race Track to see my three (3) cousins (2nd degree) race off-road.  Along with their dirt bikes, I have seen them sped on track and jump high above ramps.

Good thing the sun hasn't been shining all his might...the weather has been good to us.  And the wind has been cooperative.  

Anyway,  we've seen almost all of the race.  We saw two race for each one of them.  Jepoy (the youngest among the 3 Rellosa brothers), finished 2nd in one of the race and 3rd on the other one.  JC (the eldest) races alongside Noy (middle brother) in both races that we've seen.  Although we haven't got a chance to see their 1st race that well since we were just arriving when it began.  The last race was with JC and Noy, and I think JC finished 4th while Noy on 5th place.  I felt proud seeing my cousins on the track, even if they are my 2nd degree cousins already.

On this last race, we have seen a couple of MX riders doing some FMX tricks as they fly above the ramps.  I saw a couple of riders whip their bike sideways.  And I saw one doing a "heel clicker".  Although these tricks are still amateurs compared to X-Gamers like Travis and Carey Hart's Superman and Cliff Hangers tricks, I still commend these guys doing their thing.

Today is just the 1st day.  We will see more action tomorrow.

You almost feel like you could fly without the plane. 



***My cousins on the race are Aunt Carina and Uncle Enzo's sons.  Aunt Carina is my mom's 1st cousin.  Aunt Carina's mother is the sister of my mother's father.***




Post Scriptum
     It's raining outside as I wind this blog.  I hope for a better weather tomorrow.
     Happy Birthday, Ayie!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment